FOR CHILDREN AT HOME
Tips for talking to Children about COVID-19:
https://app.mhpss.net/?get=354/covid-19_parent_handout_nasp_nasn_2-20_final.pdf This article is written by The National Association of School Psychologists and The National Association of School Nurses with talking to elementary age students in mind.
CMS weekly meal bundles:
- Beginning 10/28, weekly meal bundles can be picked up each Wednesday from 10 am – 1 pm at these 32 locations. Hopewell High School and North Meck High School are locations in Huntersville.
- Week of 11/9 pick up is Tuesday 11/10 due to Veterans’ Day holiday 11/11
- Do not need to sign up in PayPams for bundle pick up
- Meal bundles are at no cost for all eligible students.
- Eligible students are those not in school 5 days/week
- Do not have to be a CMS student to pick up a meal bundle
- Must present Meal Bundle Pick-Up form for accountability. Also available at all pick-up sites.
- Do not have to visit the same site – can switch based on your needs
More info here; please call 980.343.6041 with questions.
Online Learning Resources for Children:
https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome.html (pre-k through 12th grade; provides approximately three hours of learning per day, including writing and research projects, virtual field trips, and geography challenges)
https://kids.nationalgeographic.com/games/quizzes/ (learn about geography and animals)
https://www.abcya.com/ (for K – 6th grade; this site also has a link to see the common core standards for each grade level)
https://www.funbrain.com/ (math & reading; you can search for activities by grade level or by subject)
https://reading.ecb.org/ (games that practice reading strategies)
https://www.starfall.com/ (pre-K through 3rd grade material for math, language arts and music)
https://www.highlightskids.com/ (educational games and science experiments)
https://pbskids.org/ (for pre-k)
FOR TEENAGERS AT HOME (Grades 6-12)