Our Leadership Structure
The Leadership Council is made up of the Senior Pastor and the Chairpersons and Chairpersons Elect of three subgroups, with a total membership of seven. These subgroups consist of the Deacons, the Trustees and the Ministry Council.
The responsibilities of the Leadership Council are:
- Recommends revisions to visions and goals
- Reviews significant issues for the church
- Ensures good coordination of activities between the leadership groups
- Holds all groups accountable for maintaining their roles
- Selects the 8-member nominating team and oversees their activity
- Meets at least quarterly
- Plans the church conferences (Family Forums)
The responsibilities of the Deacons are:
- Leading the church in providing care to members
- Connecting with visitors and prospective members and connecting them with their spiritual gifts
- Assisting the Ministerial Staff with pastoral care where appropriate
- Assisting Sunday School classes with in-reach and out-reach opportunities
- Assisting the Pastor(s) with the duties of communion
- Organizing and overseeing all lay-ministry efforts
The responsibilities of the Trustees are:
- To oversee all business and legal matters of the church
- To oversee the Facilities, Stewardship and Personnel Teams
- Serve as the FBC-H Corporate Board of Directors
The Ministry Council is made up of the church staff, Outward Service Chairperson, Evangelism Chairperson, and an At-Large Member.
The responsibilities of the Ministry Council are:
- Leading the church in implementing goals in the areas of Evangelism, Biblical Literacy and Spiritual Growth, Authentic Worship and Outward Service.
- Lead or support teams that take action to accomplish the goals of the vision statements.